Most commercial insurance plans are welcome at all locations; some locations participate in governmental insurance programs. Peachtree Allergy’s participation in your insurance plan will be verified with your initial appointment arrangements. You are encouraged to contact your insurance carrier to verify the specifics of your plan with regard to plan coverage of services, and application of co-payments and deductible.
Your time is very important to us, so to help us make your visit go as efficiently as possible, we’ve provided some information for new patients, with some special details for patients for whom allergy skin testing may possibly be scheduled at their initial visit.
Information Needed for your First Appointment
- Please print and complete each of the forms below and bring them with you to your appointment
New Patient Forms (this can be clicked on here to open up the new patient forms)
- Please arrive 30 minutes in advance of your scheduled appointment time to complete the registration process
- Please bring your most current insurance card as well as your photo ID with you.*If you need to obtain a referral from you Primary care Provider please bring this with you or you may fax this in advance to:
- Please bring with you a list of all the medications you are taking, as well as any medications you are allergic to or have been advised not to take.
- Please bring all relevant medical records and reports with you to your appointment including results of previous allergy test, skin biopsy reports, lung function tests, reports of X-rays, CT scans of the the chest or sinuses
Buckhead and Vinings Offices 404-355-2048
Sharpsburg Office 770-254-1769
Carrollton Office 770-832-9235
For your convenience we accept cash, check, VISA, American Express, Discover. You will be expected to pay any applicable co-payments and/or deductibles at the time of service, unless written special arrangements have been made in advance.
Most commercial insurance plans are welcome at all locations, participation in your insurance plan will be verified when an appointment is set up.
Medicaid, Wellcare, and Peachstate Insurance are accepted only at the Carrolton and Sharpsburg locations.
The appointment has been reserved especially for you. If you are unable to keep your appointment, we ask that you kindly let us know as far in advance as possible so we can make the time available to another patient.
Information For Allergy Skin Test Appointments
- Please allow a minimum of 2 hours for your appointment, three hours in the case of children ten years of age and under who may require use of local anesthetic cream on some skin test sites.. At your evaluation the clinician will determine whether skin testing is recommended in your case, whether it is advisable to be done at the initial appointment, the number and type of tests to be carried out, as well as the significance of the results in your case. In some instances, active problems must be stabilized before allergy skin tests can be performed, or testing may need to be deferred for other specific reasons.
- Please be on time.
- It is important to wear comfortable clothing providing easy access to the upper and middle back and arms where skin tests are typically placed.
- It is important that you stop any medications (including some eye drops and nasal sprays) containing antihistamines prior to skin testing. Click here for a detailed list of medications which may interfere with allergy skin tests and how far in advance they must be held. For some patients holding these medications for the indicated period of time may not be advisable, or special precautions or substitute medications are required-in these cases skin tests cannot be arrange prior to the initial appointment; the clinician will determine the appropriate course of action at the time of the initial evaluation, with skin testing, if appropriate in your case, scheduled for a future appointments.